Art on the Wall
Stephanie Napholtz is the artist for October & November. She describes herself as “a 34 year-old, Mexican/Native America, fully self-taught photographer.” She says growing up in Gillette, New Jersey, just a short trip from New York City, gave her a unique opportunity to have many different types of photography subjects — from skylines and architecture to nature and wildlife photography.
As a teenager and young adult, Stephanie was interested in photography but never really committed to learning and mastering the craft. Around 26 she started back up with photography. NYC is one of her favorite places in the world and with it practically in her backyard she decided to start shooting it from all angles. Stephanie fell in love with aerial photography and the freeing feeling of hanging out of a helicopter high above NYC.
Stephanie is equally passionate about wildlife and nature photography. “From the fast pace and stress of everyday, finding time to get back into nature, to sit and wait patiently and silently, to be able to photograph animals in their habitat is magical to me,” she says.
- First and Second Place in the Natural Environment Professional Category for 2017 Somerset County Through Your Camera Lens Contest
- First Place in the Transportation Professional Category for 2017 Somerset County Through Your Camera Lens Contest
- Finalist, 2019 Empire State Building Photo Contest
- Featured Artist, 2021 Autumn in New Jersey Photography Exhibition by Jersey Collective
- First Place, Wildlife Category, Hunterdon County Library Photography Contest 2022
- Patron’s Choice for Best Photograph, Hunterdon County Library Photography Contest 2022