Economic Development Advisory Committee
Rutgers "Placemaking in Hanover" Study
Hanover Township is pleased to announce the release of “Placemaking in Hanover,” a report developed by students in the Spring, 2021 Urban Planning Seminar in Placemaking at the Rutgers University Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy, in partnership with the Hanover Township Committee and the Township’s Economic Development Advisory Committee (“EDAC”).
Hanover Township Business Directory
A business directory application to help Hanover Township residents to find and support local businesses. Future updates will add features to support a Hanover Township Shop Local community affording promotions and special events to residents. The App is based upon Google Maps data that is filtered to identify businesses within the Township. If you can find a particular business in a Google Maps search, it will be in our Directory App. If not, the business will be able to add it through the App.Link to page
Small Business Assistance
The Hanover Township Economic Development Advisory Committee (EDAC) would like to share important information from the federal government on three new programs designed to provide assistance to small businesses during this period of economic disruption. EDAC encourages our community’s small business neighbors to read this information for potential assistance in meeting the operational challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Since 2010, the Economic Development Advisory Committee (EDAC) has assisted the Township, in an advisory role, by proactively promoting responsible commercial revitalization to expand and strengthen Hanover’s economy through a partnership of government, business, and the community. Hanover has leveraged a business-friendly mindset, its location and infrastructure, and the availability of prime sites to attract and grow a diverse business base, and re-mediate multiple contaminated sites. As a result, Hanover is recognized statewide as an economic development "success story."
What’s Next - Hanover 2026
- View EDAC’s Hanover 2026 Presentation (PDF) Opens in New Window
EDAC remains focused on facilitating responsible economic development as detailed in the "Hanover 2026" blueprint:
- Enhancement of Township communication with residents, using evolving platforms
- Balancing redevelopment and quality of life - including enhanced amenities, and strategic redevelopment of key areas/sites in the Township
- Leveraging technology, relevant demographics and trends, and data analytics to facilitate informed decision-making
- Working with local businesses and government agencies to make achievable transportation improvements
Reports submitted to the Township Committee describing the achievements and recommendations of the group covering the preceding six months.
- Hanover Township's Economic Renaissance Opens in New Window - NJ Municipalities Magazine June 2017 Article (PDF)
- Morris County Economic Development Corporation Opens in New Window's (MCEDC) Data Central Opens in New Window provides research and data to local companies to help them make well-informed decisions about operating within the region. For companies outside of the region considering Morris County for expansion or relocation, MCEDC provides a variety of assistance including highly detailed market reports and site suggestions.
- Morris County Municipal Profile Data Sheet on Hanover (PDF) Opens in New Window @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- 8 a.m.
- 1st and 3rd Friday of every month
- Conference Room A
1000 Route 10
Whippany, NJ 07981
- View the 2021 Economic Development Advisory Committee Meeting Schedule (PDF) or view the Board & Commission Calendar.
|Bartell, Scott A.||Alternate 5||December 31, 2022|
|Breen, Dan||Chairperson||December 31, 2021|
|Brueno, Robert||Member||December 31, 2021|
|Campbell, Richard||Vice-Chairperson||December 31, 2021|
|Elias, Paul||Alternate 3||December 31, 2021|
|Facchino, Anthony||Member||December 31, 2021|
|Ferramosca, John L.||Mayor||December 31, 2021|
|Florio, Maria||Alternate 2||December 31, 2022|
|Gallagher, Thomas “Ace”||Liaison||December 31, 2021|
|Hoblitzell, Thomas||Treasurer||December 31, 2021|
|Linfante, Arthur||Member||December 31, 2021|
|Mattessich, Christopher||Alternate 6||December 31, 2022|
|Potkay, Gene||Alternate 4||December 31, 2021|
|Shannon, Susan||Secretary||December 31, 2021|
|Struble, Jeffrey||Member||December 31, 2021|
|Vacancy||Alternate 1||December 31, 2021|
|Brancheau, Blais||Business Administrator Designee||-|
|Snow, Shelby||Internal Coordinator||-|