Economic Development Advisory Committee
Hanover Township Business Directory
A business directory application to help Hanover Township residents to find and support local businesses. Future updates will add features to support a Hanover Township Shop Local community affording promotions and special events to residents. The App is based upon Google Maps data that is filtered to identify businesses within the Township. If you can find a particular business in a Google Maps search, it will be in our Directory App. If not, the business will be able to add it through the App.Link to page
If you are a business owner in Hanover Township, we'd love for you to join Shop Local at no cost to you. All you need to do is put a Shop Local decal in your window, a placard on your counter, or use our Shop Local image on your website. This decal will identify your business as a member of Hanover's Shop Local program to Township residents.
To get your window decal, placard, and/or website image, please fill out & send the attached form (PDF) via email to email@example.com and a member of the Township's Economic Development Advisory Committee will deliver them to you. Your business will be added to the Township's new business directory which will be used to launch the Shop Local program.
If you would prefer to pick up the decal and placard in person, you can fill out the form and receive the items in the General Office at Town Hall.
In addition to being part of the Hanover Township Business Directory, you will also be notified of special events and future enhancements to the Shop Local program.
Rutgers "Placemaking in Hanover" Study
Hanover Township is pleased to announce the release of “Placemaking in Hanover,” a report developed by students in the Spring, 2021 Urban Planning Seminar in Placemaking at the Rutgers University Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy, in partnership with the Hanover Township Committee and the Township’s Economic Development Advisory Committee (“EDAC”).
Since 2010, the Economic Development Advisory Committee (EDAC) has assisted the Township, in an advisory role, by proactively promoting responsible commercial revitalization to expand and strengthen Hanover’s economy through a partnership of government, business, and the community. Hanover has leveraged a business-friendly mindset, its location and infrastructure, and the availability of prime sites to attract and grow a diverse business base, and re-mediate multiple contaminated sites. As a result, Hanover is recognized statewide as an economic development "success story."
What’s Next - Hanover 2026
- View EDAC’s Hanover 2026 Presentation (PDF) Opens in New Window
EDAC remains focused on facilitating responsible economic development as detailed in the "Hanover 2026" blueprint:
- Enhancement of Township communication with residents, using evolving platforms
- Balancing redevelopment and quality of life - including enhanced amenities, and strategic redevelopment of key areas/sites in the Township
- Leveraging technology, relevant demographics and trends, and data analytics to facilitate informed decision-making
- Working with local businesses and government agencies to make achievable transportation improvements
Reports submitted to the Township Committee describing the achievements and recommendations of the group covering the preceding six months.
- Hanover Township's Economic Renaissance Opens in New Window - NJ Municipalities Magazine June 2017 Article (PDF)
- Morris County Economic Development Corporation Opens in New Window's (MCEDC) Data Central provides research and data to local companies to help them make well-informed decisions about operating within the region. For companies outside of the region considering Morris County for expansion or relocation, MCEDC provides a variety of assistance including highly detailed market reports and site suggestions.
- Morris County Municipal Profile Data Sheet on Hanover (PDF) Opens in New Window @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- 8 a.m.
- 3rd Friday of every month
- Main Public Meeting Room
1000 Route 10
Whippany, NJ 07981
- View the 2023 Economic Development Advisory Committee Meeting Schedule (PDF) or view the Board & Commission Calendar.
|Brueno, Robert||Chairperson||December 31, 2023|
|Potkay, Gene||Vice-Chairperson||December 31, 2023|
|Davey, Greg||Member||December 31, 2023|
|DiMontova, Suzanne||Member||December 31, 2023|
|Elias, Paul||Member||December 31, 2023|
|Knauss, Michael||Member||December 31, 2023|
|Linfante, Arthur||Member||December 31, 2023|
|Mattessich, Christopher||Member||December 31, 2023|
|Mian, Nadia||Member||December 31, 2023|
|O'Connor, Daren||Member||December 31, 2024|
|Shannon, Susan||Member||December 31, 2023|
|Yoon, David||Member||December 31, 2023|
|Ferramosca, John L.||Director of Planning||December 31, 2023|
|Gallagher, Thomas “Ace”||Mayor/Liaison||December 31, 2023|
|Breen, Dan||Alternate 1||December 31, 2023|
|Campbell, Rich||Alternate 2||December 31, 2024|
|Brancheau, Blais||Business Administrator Designee||-|
|Snow, Shelby||Internal Coordinator||-|