Economic Development Advisory Committee
Since 2010, the Economic Development Advisory Committee (EDAC) has assisted the Township, in an advisory role, by proactively promoting responsible commercial revitalization to expand and strengthen Hanover’s economy through a partnership of government, business, and the community. Hanover has leveraged a business-friendly mindset, its location and infrastructure, and the availability of prime sites to attract and grow a diverse business base, and re-mediate multiple contaminated sites. As a result, Hanover is recognized statewide as an economic development "success story."
EDAC is focused on attracting and retaining business and fostering a “Shop Local” community mindset in Hanover Township. Some ways the group will achieve this are through the following initiatives:
- Welcome to Hanover - Engaging new businesses early, providing them with valuable information to familiarize them with Hanover Township and the support it provides, and how to go about requesting a grand opening & ribbon-cutting ceremony
- Shop Hanover– Creating a community of businesses located in Hanover Township through informal business card swap networking events & social media
- Hanover First – Launching a website to allow Hanover Township contractors, suppliers, and other commercial service providers access to developer-submitted upcoming commercial projects
- Enhancement & relaunch of the online Hanover Township business directory
Hanover Township Business Directory
A business directory application to help Hanover Township residents to find and support local businesses. Future updates will add features to support a Hanover Township Shop Local community affording promotions and special events to residents. The App is based upon Google Maps data that is filtered to identify businesses within the Township. If you can find a particular business in a Google Maps search, it will be in our Directory App. If not, the business will be able to add it through the App.Link to page
Rutgers "Placemaking in Hanover" Study
Hanover Township is pleased to announce the release of “Placemaking in Hanover,” a report developed by students in the Spring, 2021 Urban Planning Seminar in Placemaking at the Rutgers University Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy, in partnership with the Hanover Township Committee and the Township’s Economic Development Advisory Committee (“EDAC”).
- Read the Press Release (PDF)
- Read the Final Report (PDF)
- View the Final Project PowerPoint Slides (PDF)
- View EDAC’s Hanover 2026 Presentation (PDF)
Reports submitted to the Township Committee describing the achievements and recommendations of the group covering the preceding six months.
- Hanover Township's Economic Renaissance (PDF) Opens in New Window - NJ Municipalities Magazine, June 2017 article
- Hanover Township, N.J.: ‘A Nice, Family-Oriented Place’ - The New York Times, July 5, 2023 article
- Morris County Economic Development Corporation's (MCEDC) - For companies outside of the region considering Morris County for expansion or relocation, MCEDC provides a variety of assistance including highly detailed market reports and site suggestions.
- Morris County Municipal Profile Data Sheet on Hanover (PDF) Opens in New Window @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- 8 a.m.
- 3rd Friday of every month
- Main Public Meeting Room
1000 Route 10
Whippany, NJ 07981
- View the 2024 Economic Development Advisory Committee Meeting Schedule (PDF) or view the Board & Commission Calendar.
|Brueno, Robert||Chairperson||December 31, 2023|
|Potkay, Gene||Vice-Chairperson||December 31, 2023|
|Davey, Greg||Member||December 31, 2023|
|DiMontova, Suzanne||Member||December 31, 2023|
|Elias, Paul||Member||December 31, 2023|
|Knauss, Michael||Member||December 31, 2023|
|Linfante, Arthur||Member||December 31, 2023|
|Mattessich, Christopher||Member||December 31, 2023|
|Vacancy||Member||December 31, 2023|
|O'Connor, Daren||Member||December 31, 2023|
|Shannon, Susan||Member||December 31, 2023|
|Yoon, David||Member||December 31, 2023|
|Ferramosca, John L.||Director of Planning, Member||December 31, 2023|
|Gallagher, Thomas “Ace”||Mayor, Member||December 31, 2023|
|Breen, Dan||Alternate 1||December 31, 2023|
|Campbell, Rich||Alternate 2||December 31, 2023|
|Brancheau, Blais||Township Planner||-|
|Snow, Shelby||EDAC Internal Coordinator||-|