- Building & Zoning
- Applications, Checklists, Forms
Applications, Checklists, Forms
Permit (Uniform Construction Code (UCC) Forms)
All permits are required to be enclosed in a permit jacket when submitted. You may complete and print out the three-page permit jacket and attach three copies of each of the applicable subcodes to it, or you may obtain this permit jacket (as well as the applicable subcode forms) in person, at the Building Department. All subcode forms must be signed and sealed by a licensed contractor. (If work is being performed by the homeowner, it is not required to be sealed by a licensed contractor, but must be signed by the homeowner.)
Additional Forms, Applications and Information
Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detector Certification (PDF) - NJ State Law requires that any dwelling that contains a fuel burning appliance, must have a Carbon Monoxide Detector. Therefore, this certification MUST be included in a permit application that involves any installation or repair of any fuel burning appliance.
Certificate of Habitability (CH):
- CH for Rental Form (PDF) - This form is required each time a rental dwelling changes tenants. Bring the completed form to the Building Department, along with the $100 application fee. Be sure to include the name and phone number of the tenant. At the time the form is submitted, the Building Department will schedule an appointment for a Building inspector to inspect the home for the required Fire Protection Requirements. Be aware, a tenant is not permitted to move in until the form is submitted and inspection has passed.
- CH for Resale of Home Form (PDF) - This form is required at closing when a home is being sold. Bring the completed form to the Building Department, along with the $100 application fee. At the time the form is submitted, the Building Department will schedule an appointment for a Building Inspector to inspect the home for the required Fire Protection Requirements and Detector Requirements.
- Fire Extinguisher Requirements and Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Detector Requirements (PDF) - The Division of Fire Safety requires all one and two family dwellings to comply with the following Fire Extinguisher and Detector Requirements as stated in the above links/documents. During the Certificate of Habitability inspection for either the resale of a home or a rental unit, our Building Inspector will be verifying these requirements are met before the issuance of a signed Certificate of Habitability by our Construction Code Official, which is necessary at the time of a closing of a home sale, or the change in occupancy of a rental unit.
Certificate of Occupancy (CO):
- Certificate of Occupancy Application (PDF)
Certification of Chimneys for Replacement or Fuel-Fired Equipment (PDF) - Use this form to certify that a chimney is clean, clear and able to support the type of fuel and appliance that is currently or will be connected to it.
- COAH Form (Residential) (PDF)
- COAH Form (State of NJ Non-Residential Development Fee Certification Exemption) (PDF)
- Commercial Project Permit Checklist (PDF)
- Demolition Application (PDF)
- Developers Disclosure - Acknowledgement of Receipt of Information (Form A) (PDF)
- Developers Disclosure - Certification of Seller (Form B) (PDF)
- Dumpster Affidavit (PDF)
- Framing Checklist (Residential) (PDF)
- Impervious Coverage Worksheet - Residential (PDF)
Landlord Registration Form (PDF) - This one-time form is required by Hanover Township to register a person as a landlord of a rental dwelling. No fee is required for the Landlord Registration, however, a Certificate of Habitability for a Rental Dwelling is required each time there is a change of occupancy in the rental unit.