2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information & Updates
- This site has a wealth of information about COVID-19 and the on-going situation in New Jersey. Case number statistics and testing site locations can also be found there. It should be your primary source for accurate, up-to-date facts.
You can also text NJCOVID to 898-211 to receive text information related to the virus and stay informed. To receive live text assistance, you can text your zip code to 898-211.
The Township’s Health Officer, Dr. Carlos Perez has advised the Township that the number of COVID-19 cases accounts for persons in long term care facilities and has remained between 150-170 cumulative cases since the start of the pandemic. The Township is not a hotspot in terms of the number of cases at present. Case counts may increase and decrease based on various factors including incorrect addresses. All cases are being tracked by the Health Department and Dr. Perez has not noted any anomalies or issues which are indicative of outbreaks or hotspots. Any areas where cases may be greater is merely due to population density. Contact tracing, which has been underway since the start, has revealed no indication of cases being the result of increased transmission from person to person in the Township which reveals that isolation and quarantine measures implemented by the Health Department have been effective.
- Please refer to Morris County’s website for the most up-to-date number of cases in Hanover Township and the rest of Morris County. The tally will be updated daily (except on weekends) by 5 p.m.
- NJ Department of Health 2019 Novel Coronavirus Website
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)’s 2019 Novel Coronavirus Website
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus Public Call Center (NJPIES): 1-800-222-1222
Helpful information related to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Information For Hanover Township Residents On Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) - Updated as new information becomes available
- What is my COVID-19 Risk Level? (PDF) PDF
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Fact Sheet (PDF)
- What is Social Distancing? (PDF)
- Social Distancing: What Does It Mean? (PDF)
- COVID-19 Informational Flyer (PDF)
- NJ Department of Health COVID-19 FAQ (PDF) PDF
Information for local businesses: