2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information & Updates
- This site has a wealth of information about COVID-19 and the ongoing situation in New Jersey. Case number statistics and testing site locations can also be found there. It should be your primary source for accurate, up-to-date facts.
You can also text NJCOVID to 898-211 to receive text information related to the virus and stay informed. To receive live text assistance, you can text your zip code to 898-211.
Vaccine & Booster Shot Information
- COVID-19 vaccines are working well to prevent severe illness, hospitalization, and death. However, studies show that vaccination may become less effective over time, especially in preventing infection or milder illness. Booster doses provide necessary protection against waning immunity.
- 12- through 15-year-olds are now eligible for a Pfizer COVID-19 booster shot. In addition, the Center for Disease Control now recommends that everyone ages 12 and older get a booster shot at five months after their two-dose series instead of after six months.
- Studies show that after getting vaccinated against COVID-19, protection against the virus and the ability to prevent infection with variants may decrease over time. Booster doses provide necessary protection against waning immunity.
The recent emergence of the Omicron variant further emphasizes the importance of vaccination, boosters, and prevention efforts needed to protect against COVID-19.
Booster shots are available to everyone 12 and older:
- Two months after their one-dose Johnson & Johnson shot, or
- Five months after their last Pfizer shot or Moderna shot.
- And — everyone 5 and older should complete their initial vaccination!
- Atlantic Health System is scheduling appointments in Morris County.
- Ride United Transportation Access - Free or discounted rides to vaccination sites (PDF)
- Concerns on the J&J Vaccine
- 5 Reasons to Get Vaccinated (PDF) + 5 Motivos Para Vacunarse (PDF)
- When You've Been Fully Vaccinated (PDF) + Cuando Esté Completemente Vacunando (PDF)
- Morris County - Your Health Matters (Biannual Newsletter - March 2021) - Covid-19 Vaccines (PDF)
- COVID-19 Vaccination Support Line for Ages 75 and Older (PDF)
- COVID-19 Vaccination Appointments By Phone - The State of New Jersey has established a new call center for people who don't use the internet to schedule Covid-19 vaccination appointments. The number for the vaccine registration by phone is 1-855-568-0545 or you can complete an online form at https://covidvaccine.nj.gov/
- Obtain up-to-date information on vaccinations at the State's COVID-19 Vaccination website: https://www.state.nj.us/health/cd/topics/covid2019_vaccination.shtml
- Why Get Vaccinated? (PDF)
- Getting 'Back to Normal' is Going to Take All of Our Tools (PDF)
- Please refer to Morris County’s website for the most up-to-date number of cases in Hanover Township and the rest of Morris County. The tally will be updated daily (except on weekends) by 5 p.m.
- NJ Department of Health 2019 Novel Coronavirus Website
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC)’s 2019 Novel Coronavirus Website
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus Public Call Center (NJPIES): 1-800-222-1222