The Township of Hanover’s Finance Department, under the direction of the CMFO, oversees the township’s financial operations.
The Finance Department establishes and maintains a general accounting system for the Township government and each of its departments. In doing so, it is responsible for the disbursement of all monies and controls all expenditures to ensure that budget appropriations are not exceeded.
Additional duties and responsibilities include the following:
· Preparation of the annual budget
· Prepares annual financial statements and annual debt statement
· Provides the Township Committee with monthly statements of all receipts and disbursements
· Safeguards the Township’s financial interests and investments to the fullest extent
· Develops financial policies for recommendation to the Township Committee
· Process all tax and sewer payments
The Finance Department works closely with the Qualified Purchasing Agent who is responsible for the acquisition of all materials, supplies, equipment and construction needed by the Township and on the most advantageous terms resulting from competitive bidding; advertises for bids; presides at bid openings; maintains records of purchases and deliveries and performs all duties in accordance with the Public Contracts Law and Regulations thereof.
Phone: (973) 428-2480
Monday – Thursday: 8:00am – 4:30pm
Friday: 8:00am – 1:00pm