Hanover Township Seeks Residents to Serve on Boards
The Hanover Township Committee is looking to appoint residents who are interested in serving on one of the many Volunteer boards, commissions and committees which make up an important part of the Township's local government.
The Township wants to attract residents who are genuinely interested in rolling up their sleeves and actively participate in the decision making process. No particular skill or qualification is needed-only a willingness to devote one's time and energies.
The boards, commissions and committees listed below have vacant positions:
1. Planning Board - One (1) class IV member
2. Cultural Arts Committee - One (1) regular member
3. Open Space Advisory Committee - Four (4) regular members, Two (2) alternate members
4. Whippanong Garden Club - Several positions
5. Sustainable Jersey Green Team Advisory Committee - One (1) regular member
6. Economic Development Advisory Committee - Three (3) alternate members
7. Environmental Commission - Two (2) regular members
8. Stoney Brook Community Farm Advisory Committee - Seven (7) regular members
If you are interested in being considered, please send a letter and/or resume and a completed Citizen Leadership Form to Business Administrator, Joseph Giorgio, Municipal Building, P.O. Box 250. Whippany, NJ 07981-0250. Your letter should state the board or commission you would like to serve on, the reasons why, and any background information that would be helpful to the Township Committee in considering your application.