Sports - Recreation
Registration opens Thursday, April 8 at 9 am via Community Pass.
Want to learn more? Join us for an Informational Session via Zoom Meeting on April 14th @ 7pm with members of our Parent Board and Hanover Recreation Department staff to get your questions answered.
Swimming is a great way for kids to stay active during the summer months while improving an important life skill in a positive environment. Bee Meadow Swim Team is all about encouragement and having FUN!
New Swim Team Members Registration Information
• All interested Swimmers participating in tryouts must register via Community Pass and will be
billed upon successfully passing tryouts. New swimmers must attend and pass our team
tryouts assessment in June. They only need to attend one tryout session.
• Please note, an original birth certificate is required for all first-time registrations once they
make the Swim Team.
• To be eligible for the team, children ages 10 and younger must be able to swim freestyle the
full length of the pool (25 meters) without stopping. Children 11 and over must be able to swim
two lengths (50 meters) without stopping. Age for the season is as of June 1, 2021.
• Although new swimmers can’t officially join the team until after passing tryouts, we encourage
interested families to register so you can receive team communications prior to the beginning
of the season.
Returning Swim Team Members Registration Information
• Registration via Community Pass
Season Costs: Registration costs vary based on the number of swimmers in the family.
1 Swimmer: $80
2 Swimmers: $130
3+ Swimmers: $155
Girls Lacrosse 2021
Registration has been extended.
- Hanover, East Hanover and Florham Park Youth Girls play in Conference C of the Jersey Girls Lacrosse Association.
- Registration is open to girls grade 3 through 8.
- Online registration opens on Monday, January 4, 2020 and closes on Monday, February 15, 2021.
- Fee: $140. The fee covers league dues, umpire costs and other costs.
- Register via Community Pass
- Players are required to provide a girls lacrosse stick, eye goggles, and a colored mouth guard.
- Participants at all levels will need to obtain a US Lacrosse Membership via US Lacrosse Membership
- Coaches and assistant coaches are needed at all grade levels. No experience required.
- If you have any questions, please contact Hanover Township Recreation at 973-428-2463.
Hanover Recreation Bobcat Wrestling
The Bobcats are members of the Northern New Jersey Youth Wrestling League for Varsity competition. JV wrestlers will complete in the Future Stars league & tournament. Clinic wrestlers have weekly completion that is age and experience appropriate. We will also have tournament opportunities all season long.
Hanover Recreation Basketball: Grades 3 through 6
Pre-season clinics will provide instruction on developing and improving fundamental skills necessary for “game-day” play and success. Clinics are held in November and December. Games begin in January and end in early March. Weekly practices. Some limited travel to nearby towns may be required.
Hanover Recreation Basketball: Grades 7 & 8
A recreational basketball program. Limited travel to games will be required. Practice will commence once teams have been formed. Games begin in January.
Grades 6 through 8